Skip to main content

After-hours Bathtub Examen


A bathtub that fills with hot water sits on the other side of the wall below you. Enter it, then make a choice. The water flows strong, so it appears there is not much time. Do you slip into the bathtub, submerging the numbness of another day, one marked by a commute littered with the bodies of strangers? Do vague images of dozens or hundreds of those animated ghosts become lost in the blur of doldrums, the bulk of which have yet to happen? Do you exhale with relief as the hot water, made silky with raw oil, consumes before passing a few minutes to quietly eradicate hours that have been hollowed of feeling and emotional depth (which are your birthrights)? Or, do you sink to the bottom, hand over the keys, and sooner die?
from 24 April, 2020

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ההופעת הצגה חדשה / the emergence of a show

*This is not the official title of the show. Urbanity Dance Apollon Musagete (the story, one version) Apollo (the muses) Apollo (the construction of, with Seth Orza, principal dancer, Pacific Northwest Ballet) Apollon Musagete (one dance, Mathieu Ganio, Myriam Ould Braham, Mathilde Froustey and Charline Giezendanner, Paris Opera) Apollon Musagete (another dance, with Marta Romagna and Roberto Bolle) Apollon Musagete (a third dance, with Suzanne Farrell and Peter Martins, New York City Ballet) Apollo Musagete (the full dance, with Jacques d'Amboise, Jillana, Francia Russell and Diana Adams, New York City Ballet)

I finally found it !!! / סוף-סוף מצאתי אותה !!!

ZIJI זיג'י choreography by Luc Jacobs כוריוגרפיה מיד לוק ג'אקובס

"Exposure" / חשוף

The truth is, that since graduating from Harvard I have been keeping-- protecting --a special kind of solitude. It is no news that I keep a journal and that I take it everywhere I go. Into the pages I pour my thoughts, my excitement, and my despair for the life I lead, all in cover-to-cover privacy. The truth is, that I need this space. I need it to sustain the integrity of my identity, which in every new place faces challenges that help me to grow and become a richer person, a more responsible man, and a more sensitive artist. I indulge in the mystery of my own musings, how even as their author the deeper meaning and significance of what I convey eludes even me. This semi-opaque enigma follows me everywhere I go, and softens the impact of new people, new ideas, and new queries. Of course, I am still a human being. My solitude does not isolate me completely from my peers. (I was cautioned against this by a mentor whom I greatly trust.) However all of this is to say that as I move throu...