Skip to main content

George Balanchine in Rome, Italy

Last year, in beautiful music halls and opera houses across Rome, New York City Ballet principal dancers performed canonical works of legendary choreographers George Balanchine and Peter Martins.

Auditorium Parca Della Musica  |  Outdoors at the Belvedere di Villa Rufolo, Ravello Festival  |  Centro di Danza Balletto di Roma (19 Febbraio, 2013) in collaboration with Daniele Cipriani Entertainment  | When in Rome, visit the Teatro dell'Opera di Roma and the Teatro Constazi, where the resident ballet company performs Swan Lake until 16 January  |  NYCB Principals recently visited ballet students in Rome to hold master classes for the young dancers. Lucky students, lucky principals !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ההופעת הצגה חדשה / the emergence of a show

*This is not the official title of the show. Urbanity Dance Apollon Musagete (the story, one version) Apollo (the muses) Apollo (the construction of, with Seth Orza, principal dancer, Pacific Northwest Ballet) Apollon Musagete (one dance, Mathieu Ganio, Myriam Ould Braham, Mathilde Froustey and Charline Giezendanner, Paris Opera) Apollon Musagete (another dance, with Marta Romagna and Roberto Bolle) Apollon Musagete (a third dance, with Suzanne Farrell and Peter Martins, New York City Ballet) Apollo Musagete (the full dance, with Jacques d'Amboise, Jillana, Francia Russell and Diana Adams, New York City Ballet)

I finally found it !!! / סוף-סוף מצאתי אותה !!!

ZIJI זיג'י choreography by Luc Jacobs כוריוגרפיה מיד לוק ג'אקובס

"Exposure" / חשוף

The truth is, that since graduating from Harvard I have been keeping-- protecting --a special kind of solitude. It is no news that I keep a journal and that I take it everywhere I go. Into the pages I pour my thoughts, my excitement, and my despair for the life I lead, all in cover-to-cover privacy. The truth is, that I need this space. I need it to sustain the integrity of my identity, which in every new place faces challenges that help me to grow and become a richer person, a more responsible man, and a more sensitive artist. I indulge in the mystery of my own musings, how even as their author the deeper meaning and significance of what I convey eludes even me. This semi-opaque enigma follows me everywhere I go, and softens the impact of new people, new ideas, and new queries. Of course, I am still a human being. My solitude does not isolate me completely from my peers. (I was cautioned against this by a mentor whom I greatly trust.) However all of this is to say that as I move throu...